The Delta State Women Peace Security Network (WPSN) seeks to build peace and reduce violence against women and girls through gender based violence analyses, participatory engagement, policy advocacy, prosecution, protection and promote influential participation of women and girls in governance and peace building platforms RESULTS Increased visibility of Women Peace and Security in Delta Read MoreDetails
WOMEN AND GIRLS PROJECT OVERVIEW: The women and girls project is in line with the United Nation’s Security Council Resolution 1325, the Convention on the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and the national action plan 2014. KEY ELEMENTS OF THE UNITED NATIONS SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION 1325 • Influential participation of women. • Protection of Read MoreDetails
NEWMAP The Delta State-Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (DTS-NEWMAP) is a World Bank Assisted intervention with counter-part funding from the Delta State Government. The project is being implemented by the State Project Management Unit (SPMU) under the Ministry of Environment. Global Peace Development was engaged as the focal NGO to ensure inclusive Read MoreDetails
Environment and Community health entails grasping the effects of environment and human-made vulnerabilities/ hazards and insulation of human health and environmental systems from these hazards. This involves examining and evaluating the effects of chemicals made by humans to human health or wildlife and how the ecological systems impacts spread of illnesses. It can include everything Read MoreDetails
Activities and Deliverables: Monthly report from the IAC centres to the managing CSOs Quarterly newsletters to create awareness and highlight achievements and challenges of the Information Action Centre. Community outreach engagement Town hall meetings Beneficiaries Information Action Centre beneficiaries which include; Local Government Chairmen, Traditional Rulers, Community Leaders, Council of Elders, Youth leaders, Community Read MoreDetails
Beneficiaries SEEFOR has three (3) beneficiaries which includes; Men, Women, youth (Boys and Girls) Project status This project is on going. Dates SEEFOR started May 2014. Partners Oversea Development Assistance/ World Bank Executive summary SEEFOR is a World Bank intervention project in Niger Delta region as part of its contribution to Read MoreDetails
OVERVIEW OF THE DSCMA MULTI-STAKEHOLDER PLATFORM The Delta State Conflict and Management Alliance (DSCMA) convened by Global Peace Development is a multi stakeholder platform supported by the Nigeria Stability and Reconciliation Programme (NSRP) with funding from the UK Department of International Development (DFID). The primary objective of the DSCMA is to improve conflict management mechanism Read MoreDetails
Niger Stability and Reconciliation Programme:
Convene the State Conflict Management Alliances, and manage the logistics, meetings, and advocacy, 2014 -2017.
Community Development Officers of Nine LGAs in Delta State, 2012
• Monitored and evaluated six pilot protracted conflict communities intervention, 2012
• Facilitated Trauma Healing workshop for six pilot communities in Delta State, 2012
• Facilitated Community Dialogue meeting for six pilot communities in Delta State,2012
• Set–up three (3) Information Action Centre in three LGAs of Delta State, specifically to collect evidenced based information of abandoned and failed projects, verifying and reporting same to ODA and UNDP, 2012 -2016.
EU–INSIDE (Increasing Non– State Actors Implementation and Development Expertise):
• Implemented Democracy and Governance Intervention, July 2010 –March 31, 2011
• Facilitated the development of Community Development Action Plan of Five Communities in Etung Local Government Area, Cross River State Pilot Project, 2011.
INEC: Observed the 2011 General Elections in Delta State.
Partnership Initiative in the Niger Delta (PIND):
Conducted baseline study geared towards development of the Niger Delta Region, 2012.
Steppingstones Nigeria,UK :
Facilitated capacity building to protect and safeguard children against abuse, molestation and rights violation, 2012.
Response System, 2010
• Facilitated infrastructure for peace workshop for Heads of Personnel Management and
UNDP 7th Country Programme/Delta State Government:
• GPD Carried out Needs assessment and development of four communities
Development Plan, 2010
• Trained Communities on the Management of CBOs , 2010
• Carried out Conflict Mapping and Assessment of three communities,2010
• Carried out Training for Community Representatives on Early Warning and
LIVING EARTH, UK:
• Carried out inventory of current efforts at poverty reduction and sustainable development in Delta State, 2008.
Society For Family Health (SFH):
• Mobilized and sensitized communities on malaria infection and use of treated mosquito’s nets, 2009 -2010.
• Facilitated the Rapid Diagnostic Test (RDT) under the Roll Back Malaria project in Calabar Municipality and Etung LGA, Cross River State, 2011 -2012.
United States of America:
• Facilitated and implemented Aghalokpe Community Water and Sanitation Project Community, Delta State, 2007 – 2008.
• Facilitated the implementation of St Benards Primary School water and sanitation project, Ibalebo community, Cross River State, 2012.
• Conducted baseline studies in five communities and facilitated step-down training (TOT) in Obubra LGA, Cross River State, 2007 on Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS)
• Facilitated WASH Clinic in Bekwarra, and Akpabuyo LGAs
Australian High Commission:
• Facilitated and implemented Omavovwe Community Water and Sanitation project, Delta State, 2007 -2008.
• United States Agency for International Development (USAID), International Foundation for Education and Self Help(IFESH), Conflict Abatement and Local Mitigation(CALM); We managed the Delta State Conflict Management and Mitigation Regional Council (CMMRC), 2007.
• In addition, GPD facilitated and managed the USAID/IFESH/CALM Civic Education project in Delta State, 2007 -2010, targeted at National Youth Council of Nigeria and youth members of the Basket Ball for Peace (BB4P). Basically, youths capacity were strengthened for inclusive and collaborative engagement of public officers to reduce violence.
• Mobilized the twenty-two Urhobo kingdoms on behalf of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) for the NDDC/GTZ master plan; June 2004.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
• Carried out Peace and Conflict Impact Assessment (PCIA), in conjunction with Peace Building Centre, Ottawa Canada, 2006.
• GPD mobilized and facilitated the building of community capacity for sustainable Development. This includes facilitation of the participatory needs assessment; and planning of community development plans; and organizing the implementation of the plans – both physical and socio-economic infrastructure like water and sanitation, schools, and markets in various locations in Delta state from 2003 – 2006.