DOOR-TO DOOR SENSITIZATION, CAMPAIGN AND ADVOCACY VISIT ON COVID
1. Identify gaps and areas of support required
2. Get a glimpse of the Police preparedness in handling COVID-19 related security challenge
3. Ascertain current sensitization efforts
4. Inform the Local Government about ActionAid Nigeria intended community sensitization.
5. Ascertain current actions taken to sensitize the grassroots and possible gabs.
Responding, the State Commissioner, of Police stated that a good number of Police globally lost their lives to COVID-19 Pandemic, according to him we are leaving no stones unturned to ensure police officers are properly sensitized and protected during this period. Although the Governor Authorized the total lockdown of Karu LGC and Partial lockdown in other LGC in the State, but that of Karu has been a challenge due to the unplanned nature of the area. We are intensifying efforts to ensure compliance. Radio Nigeria Precious FM on the other hand stated that they are currently airing 21 jingles in different languages in regard to COVID-19 though most people didn’t believe the virus is real especially because no case was recorded in the State as at the time of this report. We are happy to partner with AAN, GPD and BYI to demystify the myths at community level as we work together to mainstream COVID-19 into most of our programme.